AIM: To implementation of decimation of given sequence by factor M.
Operating System - Windows XP
Constructor - Simulator
Software - CCStudio 3 & MATLAB 7.5
N=input(‘ input length of the sine seq’);
M= input(‘ down sampling factor’);
fi= input(‘ input signal freq’); % generation of sine sequence
L=input(‘ enter the factor value’);
%generate the down sample signal
Title(‘ input sequence’);
Title([‘ output sequence ‘,num2str(m)]);
RESULT: The decimator for a given sequence is observed for chosen factor M.
Hence the theory and practical is verified.
- What is the importance of decimation for a given signal/sequence?
- What do you mean Aliasing? What is the condition to avoid aliasing for sampling?
- How does poly phase filtering save computations in a decimation filter?
- Give any practical application of decimation?
- Which signals can be down sampled?
- What happens if I violate the Nyquist criteria in down sampling or decimating?
- Can we do decimate in multiple stages?
- What are "decimation" and "downsampling"?
- What is the "decimation factor"?